WILKES-BARRE, PA. – GWC Warranty, the best-in-class provider of used vehicle service contracts, recently received two awards recognizing it as a top employer both nationally and locally in the Greater Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania region.
Charitable donations and activities in 2019 included:
- A Relay For Life team sponsorship in support of the American Cancer Society
- Lead sponsorship for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Goal In One Golf Tournament, which supports the Penguins GOALS Foundation
- Sponsor for the Commission on Economic Opportunity (CEO) Food 4 Kids program, which provides lunches to underprivileged children during the summer months
- A donation of more than 200 pet items as part of a Cutest Pet Competition in support of the SPCA of Luzerne County
- Sponsorship and participation as part of the local SPCA Walk For The Animals
- Monetary donations from employees resulting from a “Pink Out Day” shirt sale benefitting the Foundation For Cancer Care
- Volunteering and a donation of more than 400 food items during the CEO Weinberg Food Bank’s Thanksgiving project
- Monetary and toy donations as part of the VFW Post #396 toy drive
- 40 local children were provided with Christmas gifts thanks to employees who partook in the Salvation Army Angel Tree Program
“Two of GWC Warranty’s core values are Fair and Friendly, and it warms our hearts to see our employees live these honorable traits out in our communities,” said Jeanette Bogdon, Vice President of Human Resources for GWC Warranty and APCO Holdings, LLC. “We are proud to call Northeastern Pennsylvania home and these charitable activities throughout the year serve as our way of giving back and showing our appreciation to the communities in which we live and work.”
About GWC Warranty
Established in 1995, GWC Warranty is one of the largest, best-in-class providers of used vehicle service contracts in the automotive industry, having helped bring a “No Worries, Just Drive” experience to more than 8.5 million drivers nationwide as part of APCO Holdings, LLC. Named a Motor Trend® Recommended Best Buy for Independent Dealers and rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau, GWC Warranty is committed to providing its dealer partners with service, products, training and technology to make them more successful. GWC Warranty is part of APCO Holdings, also home of the EasyCare, SAVY and Covideo Brands. For more information about the APCO Holdings family of brands, please visit www.GWCwarranty.com, www.EasyCare.com, www.Savy.com, and www.Covideo.com.